From:
Bill Howland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:42:39 -0500
Hi, does anyone on the list have any info on Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) and
a paleo diet?
Some friends of ours have a six-year-old boy who was just diagnosed with
ALD. The experimental
treatments suggest a low-fat diet. The disease which is genetic in nature
prevents the breakdown of
VLCFA (very long chain fatty acids). I would suggest a paleo diet to them
if it would help.

Any comments would be appreciated before I make any suggestions to these
parents of a terminally-ill child.

Thanks,

Bill Howland