From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 10:38:11 CDT
>Brad Cooley wrote:
>I took a philosophy class in college in which we did a section on the
> >proof of the existence of "god" or a supreme being.  It was >demonstrated
>that there was no way to logically prove that "god" >existed.  I was not a
>philosophy major and never independently >verified the claim, so I cannot
>say that it is accurate.

There is not way to prove the existence of a god.  Nor is there a way
prove the non-existance of a god.  This is why all religions demand
that
their claims be accepted on faith.  Accepting an argument based upon
faith
is not something to be admired.  There is only one type of faith:
blind
faith (if you don't believe me, look up faith in the dictionary).

Just for the record, almost of the the pioneers, great thinkers, etc
of the
world were either atheist, deist, agnostic, or one of the other
religions
that encourage independent thought.  I personally do not confine
myself to a
box or title to which I belong.  However, if I had to pick one, I
would most
probably fit that of a deist b/c I consider myself to be spiritual but
not
religious.

Justin Hasselman