From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 22:18:06 GMT
One thing though: I am sure that freezing does NOT kill bacteria in meat. It
does kill larger rganisms such as trichanae (sp?) but not bacteria I am
pretty sure.

Yes, that is true, freezing does not kill everything. However, anything
which isn't killed by the freezer is made inactive by the cold, keeping the
food very cold until it is cooked, and then consuming without delay, this
doesn't give bacteria a good chance. That's not to say it's foolproof, just
a good way of handling meat.

BTW: Freezing does NOT kill yeast. Cooking, however, does although I am not
sure about temp. I should think it must be over 100 internal temp anyway,
not a problem if you like your food hot.