From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 23:19:14 +1100
Yes-
pasture fed beef is around 5% fat in lean cuts.
The abominable grainfed is over 20%, and is low in Vitamin E (which is why
it goes off so quickly)(unless the cow is given supplements).

Fat content increases with weight of species (Loren Cordain has demonstrated
this). ie low fat- get a rat. Since we managed to eat all the megafauna,
we're left with medium sized fauna to munch on. Therefore not too bad unless
you grain feed.

Grainfeeding gives such lovely multinational control. Grow the soy in Amazon
clearings at slave labour rates. Give it to cattle penned up like battery
hens in America, then eat them.

Ben Balzer