From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:44:48 -0800
Hi Paleo Phil,

Thank you for your diet ingredients!:

Paleophil:
I eat meats, fish, vegetables, fruits, nuts & seeds.

Me:
That is what I eat except not many vegetables and some nuts and seeds
give me problems.

PaleoPhil:
I eat as much as I can
>because I want to gain weight.

Me:
I eat as much as I can but my pants are getting tight. Maybe I am
just eating too much? I didn't think that would be possible eating
paleofood tho'...?

Paleo Phil:
>  I don't eat as much animal fat as several
>people do on this list, in part because I don't care for the taste or mouth
>feel of it,

Me:
My pemmican has the consistency of milk chocolate. You might like
that.. For me it is addictive.

Phil:
>though I do add plenty of olive, flax and fish oils to keep the
>fat levels up.

Me:
I eat lots of fat and have to avoid flax oil because flax oil gives
me cracks at the corners of my mouth. Here is an article that I found
when I googled 'flax side effects'.
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art30385.asp

Phil:
I didn't have full-fledged bunions, just some overlapping small toes,

Me:
Before I started eating grain free, I had underdeveloped baby toes
with only a bit of nail. (There is a name for it that I believe is in
Ron Hoggan's Dangerous Grains but all my copies are lent out.) After
only a few years my toes are completely formed!

Regarding my bunions, I'm going to cut down on pemmican and see if
gluttony is my problem.

Thank you again for your help!

Paleobest,
Susan Melting Tallow