From:
Karine Bauch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:42:48 -0600
>Gawen wrote and wondered...
>
>>I was 99% vegan for 16 years. I had 3-4 colds and/or bad bronchitis >per
>>year.  I have been using meat a my main source of calories for >the past
>>few years and I haven't even had a cold.  Has anyone had >similar
>>experiences?

I started this diet a month ago with a stubborn cold that I had gotten over
the holdiays and couldn't seem to get rid of.  2 days into it the cold was
gone and I have not had a sniffle since.  I think one of the reasons so many
people get colds in December is because of all of the sugar consumed in
cookies, candy and other holiday treats.  These things aren't treats at all
- they are bad tricks we play on our bodies!

Karine