From:
Casey Ralie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 17:48:56 -0800
I did this a few times. My mother does it regularly. The idea is: first you
get prepared (enemas every other day; hot baths every other day; no meat
for a day or two before cleansing; beets and apple juice in large amounts).
On the day of the cleansing, after a light lunch, you put a hot bottle on
the liver region on your body and keep it there till 6 or 7 pm. Then you
make a 200 g (8 oz?) glass of lemon juice and pour the same amount of olive
oil into another glass. You make a sip of olive oil and follow it with a
gulp of pure lemon juice. Wait 15-20 minutes and do it again. You go on in
this way until both glasses are finished. What happenes is that sometimes
around 10-11 pm or early in the next morning you have to rush to your
bath-room to move the bowels. If you do the preparation cycle thoroughly
enough (enemas, hot baths) you'll see all kind of funny things in your
toilet: small 'stones' of different shapes and colors, "threads", some
muddy substances. The purpose of this cleansing is to clean primarily the
liver and you'll feel usually very week right after this. But on the next
day and afterwards your energy will be boosted because the liver will be
stronger and it will take more shit out of your blood.

My mother is 61 and she doesn't stick to any strict diet, except she tries
to combine foods properly (according to Shelton) and namely these liver
cleansing really revitalized her. It's advisable to do these cleansings 3-4
times a year.

NOTICE: olive oil feels nauseous unless you follow it up with lemon juice
pretty fast!