From:
"Amy O." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:24:55 -0000
Hi, all!  I have recently become very interested in following a
Paleolithic-style diet, and am trying to find as much information as
possible.  My dh and I would like to lose some signifigant weight; about 60
pounds a piece, and we are wondering if the Paleo diet would be effective.
It certainly makes sense; I have a B.A. in Anthropology and have always been
fascinated by the 'primitive' ways of doing things.....  They invariably
make more sense than what we 'moderns' are doing!

I am currently breastfeeding our one year old daughter, so I must take that
into consideration while 'dieting', but seeing as how our ancestors did just
fine on our species-specific diet we ought to do ok.  Still, I don't know
how a large drop in weight will affect things.

Does anyone have tips for a newcomer?  We have not implimented the new
approach towards food as yet, I am still looking into things and sweet
talking dh into it (hey, anything's better than tofu, LOL!).  We both
recognize that we need a major lifestyle change, he has some pretty alarming
digestive tract problems and I can't manage to lose weight to save my life,
even with a baby who is still 90% breastfed.  We also want very much to pass
on a healthier way of eating to our children, as I don't want them to have
the same eating problems we have had.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to know everyone, and thanks in
advance for your tips!

Amy O'Dell
who doesn't yet want to deal with her *actual* weight......