From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:48:33 -0400
On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:32:31 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, David Karas wrote:
>
>> I do not want to be a test subject for something that is not
>> a human food in its natural state.
>
>I think we've discussed this before, but the rape plant from
>which rapeseed oil is gotten refers to several varieties of the
>wild mustard family, at least some of which *are* edible by
>humans, e.g., mustard greens.  The seeds from some of these
>plants are ground for mustard.

And canola is recommended by the "omega diet".
However, It looks as this recommendation stems more from a technical look at
the composition (w-3 wanted), as experiences are few.

I found at http://www.westonaprice.org/oiling.htm
>The particular mix of fatty acids in soy oil results in shortenings
>containing about 40% trans fats, an increase of about 5%
>over cottonseed oil, and 15% over corn oil. Canola oil, processed from a
>hybrid form of rape seed, is particularly rich in
>fatty acids containing three double bonds and can contain as much as 50%
>trans fats. Trans fats of a particularly
>problematical form are also formed during the deodorization of canola oil,
>although they are not indicated on labels for the
>liquid oil.

As trans fats are identified as a real danger , 50% looks  not so nice.

But there is Olive oil.

I only accept virgen nativ extra, sometimes i get even unfiltered.
The price? Good tasting oils of best quality in cheap stores
is available from about $3, And selections up to $15 and more per liter.
Where does one get  9000 kcal healthy kalories for that price
(enough to supply my body alone  for 4 days)?

Christy, I'd hesitate to try that 5htp, but as a short term cure it seems
rather natural.
Striving for natural high tryptophan means having enough niacin at first, so
that it needn't be converted from try (at 60 to 1).
Then, protein should be high "enough" but as the non-try amino acids are
disturbing the process, high tryptophan percentages in the protein should be
sought.
Some are (those with protein parts worth to mention):
breadnuttree seeds(??), Winged beans (??), Sesame, duck or goose eggs,
wild game (elk), brazils, almonds. These have about double the tryptophan
percentage (of protein) as normal "beef".
Pumpkin seed and barley still 150% of beef, cheese 135%.

regards

Amadeus S.