From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 05:11:51 -0800
A book related to this discussion that may be of
interest is  Sex and Temperament : In Three Primitive
Societies by Margaret Mead.  It looks at three
hunter-gatherer groups that were very distinct.  It
made me rethink the underlying thought in our society
about inherent roles we assign to men and women in
society.

Mike

It may vary from tribe to tribe.. and these are modern
folks.. I doubt Paleo women played Bingo.  But in any
case, I feel strongly that childcare was a shared task
between the women in the group and perhaps a few old
men as well.. but mostly women. We may never know.
Wish I had a time machine.

Luv,
Debby
San Jose, CA