From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 07:51:10 -0700
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 19:58:10 -0700, Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I'm told that RLS is due to a calcium/magnesium imbalance. Why would I
> have a Ca/mg imbalance eating paleo? Please tell me what I could be
> doing wrong. AlI I can think of is that the animals are eating gluten.
> How can I improve my imbalance naturally without supplements? What foods
> contain bromelain and magnesium?

I read the link you posted.  Down toward the bottom it said:

"Work the area around and directly on the bunion to break up uric-acid
crystals."

I didn't know that bunions were related to gout? Is this right?

RLS for me is definitely due to dairy products (or alcohol before
bed, which I almost never do).  I assume you don't consume any dairy
products.

You did not mention eating any vegetables, just meat and fruit.  Was this
an oversight?  There are a lot of useful minerals in vegetables.  Here is
a chart of good magnesium sources (the first I came across; others may have
a better one).

http://www.hoptechno.com/bookfoodsourcemg.htm

The paleo sources here are mostly nuts and dark green vegetables. You
did not mention eating nuts either.  If you have dietary reasons for
not eating vegetables or nuts, you probably would need to supplement
magnesium, at least for the RLS.  You may be able to do massage and
exercise and shoe improvement to get over the bunions.

	Lynnet