From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 22:22:19 -0800
Hi All,

  Don wrote:
> > from
>I would have blamed preservatives and chemicals SAD has added to our
>foods over the years.

In the Paleolithic Prescription by S.Boyd Eaton he says "Demographer Rose
Frisch has accumulated evidence that nutritional changes have led to
increases in fatness at each age, which in turn lead to earlier menarche
through the production of physiologically potent estrogens in fat cells."
Other explanations of change in the age at menarche have been advanced,
including ... increased consumption of refined carbohydrates ... "

All the best,
Susan