From:
Denise LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:30:05 EDT
There was a satirical commentary on the news radio the other day.  I
wish I could remember it verbatim, but my rendition will
have to do.  It was funny at the time, I swear!
Some group is calling for humane treatment for broiler chickens.
Think about that for a minute.  Humane treatment for
something named a food?  For something you know you're going to broil?

And if they succeed, and broiler chickens are given humane treatment,
made happy, this brings up another problem.  Is it more
ethical to kill HAPPY chickens?  Isn't it more humane to kill
depressed chickens?  The happy chickens probably would like to
live.  The depressed chickens probably don't care.
Oh well.  There was more, but I can't remember it all.  It had me
giggling.

Denise