From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:28:54 -0500
> Jim: I believe you have that backwards, Tad.  I think it's 60 fat and 40 beef.

Tad> No, I'm quite certain, 60% beef and 40% fat. The grassland guy said it several times. Also, those ratios agree with several pemmican recipes I've seen, including Ray Audette's.

The Grassland website says "31% protein and 275 calories per 2 ounce bar."  I know they add some honey and cherries -- there are *some* carbs in there -- so that would probably put the fat percentage per bar close to my 60% figure above.  Can't wait to see the full nutritional analysis if and when it ever comes out.

By the way, do the bars taste salty to anyone else?