Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 07:44:01 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Steve >  You'll need to align yourself with an appropriate authority figure in presenting your case tactfully and to some degree subconsciously in order to make inroads.  How one does that will take creativity.
>
> Larry is that authority figure.  And, as I've said before, my family is closed.  But to his credit, and to Bridget's credit, my timing stunk.  I am going to follow back up once things have calmed down a bit.
>
> Jim

This might help - it quotes acceptable authority figure. Lifted from the
weekly epistle "World Wide Words", a delight of the obsessiveley literate.

"3. Recently noted
KETOGENIC DIET  This phrase was all over the newspapers this last
weekend following a report in The Lancet of a study at University
College London that showed epileptic children had fewer seizures if
they were given a special high-fat diet. One intriguing aspect of
the story is that there's nothing at all new in the idea. The diet,
and its name, are recorded in the literature as being helpful in
reducing epileptic seizures as far back as the 1920s. It went out
of favour when anticonvulsive drugs became available; interest in
it has been growing again in recent years to help sufferers who
don't respond well to drugs. The study is surprisingly claimed to
be the first ever "gold standard" clinical trial (one conducted
using the very best controlled and randomised methods) to have been
carried out. The diet is similar to the famous Atkins diet and has
been used for various therapeutic purposes for many years. It's
said to be ketogenic as it leads to ketosis, overproduction in the
body of ketone bodies, ketones being members of a chemical group
that includes acetone. The ketone bodies alter the behaviour of the
brain in some way, decreasing the number of fits.

William