Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:59:09 -0500
On 01/10/2012 01:40 PM, theta wrote:
> Just an observation, but on a paleo, organic diet for quite some time,
> the routes of possible exposure to bromine, et al, is drastically
> reduced.

Agreed, but the poisoners are clever. They use it as flame retardant, so
it's in furniture fabrics and your car, swimming pools, hot tub.
Evidence of those who've regained health using iodine protocol is that
it can take 3 years remove toxins and rebuild the body. Impossible to
avoid exposure to all the toxins in our environment.

 > I am suspicious of human intervention in natural processes. Always the
 > aim is to improve things -- and always we screw it up, whether in
 > government or health. In thirty minutes we'll find that iodine
 > supplements, as other snake oil, actually causes cancer.

An essential nutrient is part of natural processes. There just isn't
naturally enough to cope with unnatural poisoning of the environment.
As for cancer, if you read the website
http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/ created by an iodine-powered breast
cancer survivor,
you will see that iodine causes apoptosis in cancer cells.

As for resistance to the notion of supplementing with iodine, see Dr.
Abraham's comments at:
http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/IOD-08/IOD_08.htm

William