From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 21:37:16 -0500
Todd Moody wrote:

>               Nitrites, chemicals used to process hot dogs, smoked
>               hams, and sausages, have been under fire in recent years
>               from epidemiologists who had found a link between
>               cured meats and certain childhood cancers. However,
>               an interdisciplinary task force of scientists concluded in a
>               recently issued report that there is virtually no scientific
>               rationale for this conclusion.

>                          chair of the Council for
>               Agricultural Science and Technology task force that
>               issued the report.

An industry group. Of course it is okay. Their livelihood depends on making
sure that it is perceived to be okay. But it is still very un-Paleolithic,
and I don't trust any study funded by an industry group. Remember according
to the industry MSG and aspartame are totally safe. And they have studies
to prove it.

Don.