From:
Inci Willard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:17:43 -0400
Sent on Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:51 AM  by "Lynnet Bannion"

>>>see the
life the animals lead.<<<<

Care to elaborate this sentence?  Does this means I must go out everyday and
give  massages to my sheep and whisper sweet nothing to their ears?

Why you all think farming equals unethical treatment of ruminants is beyond
me,while falling into PETA's psycho babble about how farmers mistreat their
animals is firmly seated in your minds, I will give you a thought to ponder
upon.
When Paleo men had to hunt down their meals and  speared them to death
(long,agonizing way of dying),was that an ethical treatment?

I have been a sheep farmer for over 25 years and I can tell only part with
this wisdom,given a chance to graze lush green pasture vs.running off miles
to raid the grain bins in feed stores,guess which route sheep will prefer
even if they haven't seen one kernel?

Elevating ruminants or any domesticated animals into your level of
thoughts/intelligence is quite arrogant, men/women makes this mistake quite
often only to change the outcome of the animal world as their instinct is
almost always forgotten and royally replaced by what humans think it is the
right way.

Inci Willard