From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:20:41 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/01 11:25:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<
 I'd prefer butter. --- Well - I don't have butter at home.
 Much better is almond paste (white hmmm) or tahini
 or pumpkin seed paste.
 If you have something to spread it on.

I don't think these are "better". The most happy and healthy people the
peripatetic dentist Weston Price found in his travels in the 1920s and 30s
were people that lived mainly on one or more of three things: seafood, animal
organ meats, and unprocessed animal and dairy products, particularly butter
from cows fed on spring grass in the high alpine meadows. The Swiss villagers
actually worshipped this butter, and held a ceremony when the first of the
spring butter was made. They fed this butter to the pregnant women and to
young children, and the results were plain to see in the photos he took. The
children all had perfect well formed teeth, had open "sunny" faces, were
happy and cheerful and were unaffected by low temperatures.
    Incidentally, the happiest and healthiest people of all that he found
were esquimos living in the Canadian Arctic, of all places. They fed mainly
on the organ meats of sea creatures and seal oil, which he found to be very
high in vitamin A.

Charles
San Diego, CA