From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:59:44 +0300
> There's a study.
> http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9803&L=paleodiet&P=R123 :
> "...the fat content of wild game animals.   My colleague, Boyd Eaton, has
>  previously summarized the fat content of lean game muscle meat (1), but
>  did not present data on total carcass fat content.
>            Speth (2) has compiled data from 33 analyses of whole body fat
>  % of 11 different species of wild ungulates.   The mean value of 3.6%.."

taking that figure as a hypothetical norm, it would mean once the animal
reaches 3.5kg there's 100 grams of fat, plenty for one day.

I don't see anything about rabbit starvation being about protein toxicity,
but due to lack of essential vitamins in the missing fats.  Supply any
references otherwise.

Andrew