From:
Marquesa Aguilar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:33:30 -0700
I usually don't answer these things but had to answer
your question about the misquoted part in the new
testament about the messiah saying all foods were
clean to eat.  That is one man's opinion and in most
decent "translations" the put in such a way as to let
you know that this is their opinion (i.e., what they
wish it said.
Peter said he would not eat any unclean foods and his
dream was about the goyim (nations) being accepted
into the nation of Isreal, this is explained in the
next verses.
There is nothing there about declaring all foods
clean and if you look at the text they were talking
about the cermonial washing of hands that is still
practiced among the jews.  The messiah would not nor
indeed did not have the authority to contradict his
father.  Many misquote scripture to their own
interpretation and demise.
I hope this helps with this passage anyways.

Marquesa Aguilar