From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2010 21:57:40 -0700
To paraphrase Mandelbrot ( aka Slartibartfast) ;

Simple thermodynamics does not predict results in complex chaotic systems.  In
such systems, the only way you can keep results in the normal, optimum, range is
to keep the variables ( although not their chaotically variable amounts)
constant.

By keeping the input ( food ) variables to those edible to Primates in Nature,
we assure that the optimal results will be obtained in the most efficient
fashion.

Or we could just apply Occam's Razor........

Ray Audette
[Gray-Hawk's off studying Fractal Geometry at Duke University this week in
Durham NC]