From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:10:28 -0500
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:43, Ashley Moran wrote:

> the state of local/organic
>produce in the UK is shambolic.  The only box scheme I could find in
>my area (after hours of googling) had a crappy old website run from a
>hotmail account.  And they didn't even reply to the e-mail I sent
>asking if they would do a box with no potatoes.
>
>This is actually typical of all British food websites.  I wish they'd
>get their act together.  >
>
>Ashley

Each issue of The Ecologist magazine carries a list of organic food suppliers who run box schemes
in southern England. I suggest you contact the Henry Doubleday Research Association:

http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/

I visited their fantasic garden at Audley End last month and saw over 100 varieties of heritage
apples in full fruit. If I lived in England, I'd apply for a job there, even as a volunteer:

http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/gardens/audley.php

and the Soil Association:

http://www.soilassociation.org/web/sa/saweb.nsf/Living/wheretobuy.html

I think you live in Bristol. I remember a delightful organic shop in Clifton. Probably more current
would be the places on this list:

http://www.organic-store.co.uk/bristol.html

Keith