From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:20:04 +1100
At 22:16 +0000 19/11/00, Andy wrote:

[...CJD conspiracy theory snipped...]

>So far, 80 people have died here from this terrible disease

80 people in what... 10 years?

How many people have died in the last 10 years from eating foods
recommended by doctors, dietitians and cereal lobbies?

I could probably name 10 people I knew personally who would probably
still be alive if they followed a Paleo diet.

>, and the latest
>study suggests that the final toll could be 120,000.

"could be". The expected number of deaths from the disease in the UK
is less than 6000 [figure from that web site you referred to].

You have more chance of getting run down crossing the street than
dying from CJD.

Personally, I will take my chances with beef products along with a
wide variety of other meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds.

>I long ago stopped eating any beef products.

If you believe all the stuff on the web site you referred to (which
appears to be run by a single individual), what on earth do you eat?
The site says wild animals are going mad at a shocking rate, it says
there is no barrier to cross-species contagion, says sheep and pigs
already have some form of CJD. You cannot eat any meat from land
animals and cannot eat farmed fish (because they are often fed
bonemeal). What about plants grown on land fertilised with
blood-and-bone?

Most everyone on this list has come to realise that what you read in
the popular press and even in medical journals often bears little
resemblance to truth. So called "scientific studies" can be produced
to prove any point you care to name.

If we all believed "the latest study" regarding diet we would all be
happily chowing down on bread, margarine and potato deep fried in
trans-fatty acids. We would all fall over dead from a heart attack or
an auto-immune disease long before CJD gets us.

If there is any lesson to be learned from the CJD scare it is that
all animals should be fed biologically appropriate foods. And humans
are just another animal -- bring on a paleo diet!

  ...R.