From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:36:09 -0400
Bravo Ron! Most people don't know that environmentalism doesn't just help
animals, it helps us who are designed to eat those animals. If we destroy
our healthiest foods we inevitably destroy ourselves.

Once Paleolithic nutrition and evolutionary medicine become more widely
understood, the nature of the problem will I hope become more apparent to
people. So far the last of the First Nations peoples still holding on to or
re-embracing tradition seem to be the only ones who understand it in
numbers. Even the so-called "environmentalists" among moderners don't fully
grasp it, calling for vegetarianism and other modern ideologies that spring
from the agrarianism that caused the problems in the first place.

The problem I foresee is that people tend to be driven by short-term
self-interest, so as they grasp the knowledge, instead of protecting wild
salmon and other wild game species, they will focus only on gobbling them up
and selling them as fast as possible.