From:
Esben Brun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:38:12 +0100
I   EAT  MEAT  !
I  AM  NOT A VEGETARIAN!
MY BEST FRIEND IS  VEGETARIAN !     (he refuses to justify it  ... I respect that , vegetarianism is no offense ... and  you dont
have to justify everything)
MY  FATHER  WAS  A  GOOD  HUNTER !
I  DONT TRY TO CONVERT VEGETARIANS !
I  WONDER  WHY  PEOPLE  ARE  VEGETARIANS !   (I might even try to understand it ?)
I  THINK VEGETARIANISM IS BOTH UNHEALTHY AND UNNATURAL!     (but so are many things we do -  like spending hours on the web :-)

David Harrison  gave a good explanation   -   Disney  is to blame.
So  "paleo-mothers"   - take your kids hunting , learn them how to
slaugter animals.  Why not buy a live chicken , and slaugter  it yourself-
just to teach the children that   "Killing an animal is not cruel" .
(I like this quote  from Jim Walsh).  BTW does there exist some
beautiful and positive descriptions of animal killing  ("hunting poems"?)

You may call me a romantic or worse (immature ,indoctrinated by Disney ...)
but I refuse to regard animals just as  "stuff"   or   "meat producing units"  .
What  I eat ,  I make part of myself.  Therefore I want it to be beautiful and good.
I want the animals I eat to have lead good and beautiful lives,  to be fine and strong.

Theese are my  ideals  -  often though I just have to eat some delicous bacon, probably
from a  "factory animal"  - then I think it is fitting perhaps, because I'm a "factory human"
like the pig , tied up for hours at work, in front of a PC, without sunlight, without fresh air.
I'm not a "free-range human" . Thats another discussion ...  eating paleo  -  living  NON  PALEO ! ?    ...

Perhaps  I  will  go hunting some day.

Esben