From:
krosenth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:08:58 -0700
From: "william" <[log in to unmask]>

> Gack! I was afraid of this - am maybe not the world's worst typist, but
close
> (pretty good at proofreading, though).

Ha.  Thanks so much for taking the time to show us your typing skills.   :)

> Here is an excerpt: "Between the first and second world wars, cod liver
oil
> was recommended as a vitamin supplement, at first as a source of vitamin
A,
> and later as a source of vit;amins A and D. But in the late 1940s,
> eperimenters used it as the main fat in dog's diet, and found that they
all
> died from cancer,

Never heard this before.  Sounds strange to me.  My father is now 88 y/o and
he remembers the children in his family lining up to get their teaspoon of
cod liver oil.  He says he'll never forget the taste.  I have fed my 14 y/o
dog mackerel and salmon for most of her life, both of which have a lot of
oil.

It almost sounds like the article was saying that both cod liver oil and oil
from seeds are dangerous.

Down here in S. New Mexico, many people use lard in cooking; it is sold in
really large tubs at the grocery store.  There may not be any correlation,
but people here do not live as long as in most of the rest of the U.S. and
have lots and lots of heart disease.  Possibly the people are suffering from
the combination of lard and corn and flour.
Kath