From:
Ben Liberman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 22:50:55 -0600
At 11:16 AM -0800 1/9/12, Batsheva wrote:
>I'll order the cheaper K-2, and I'm assuming you are taking 2 per day to achieve 30 mg per day?   We have a newly opened   apothecary in town, and I was thinking of seeing if I could get a lugols type iodine that contains both iodine/iodide.   I snack on raw dulse daily, and sprinkle kelp powder over everything, but perhaps not enough iodine.

RDA is 150 mcg.

Being a sucker for testing, I had an iodine loading test, and then started taking Optimox, 12.5 mg per day, and worked up to 50 mg per day over the course of 5-6 weeks, and stayed there for a month.  I became concerned about potential side effects and cut back to a more reasonable dose.  Now I take a 12.5 mg tablet once a week.

>I eat lots of venison and lamb, so I can't imagine I have a zinc deficiency.

Sure you can!  You are a powerful human being and should be able to imagine anything.
I believe that it may be very unlikely that you are zinc deficient.
Knowing is something else.

>I'm going to run the thyroid panel by my Chinese DOM, and see if she has a formula to help support my glandular system.
>
>If you don't mind one more question:  Can you recommend a substitute for Gatorade that the colonoscopy procedure requires the day before (upwards of 64 ounces to replenish electrolytes lost during the "clean out" phase).  There is no way I'll drink that stuff, but I don't want to get too wiped out prior to the scope.  I'm thinking coconut water, or a recharge type drink???   I try to do a low - medium carb ./high fat paleo diet, so I watch sugar intake in foods.  I'm sure Gatorade would put me into  blood sugar orbit.

Never heard that one before.  What on earth can they be thinking?

What are they using, to clean you out, that is causing them to expect an imbalance in your electrolytes?

You can get "Emergen-C" at many health food and vitamin stores.  One of their products is called "Electromix" which contains no sugar... just electrolytes and some stevia as a sweetener.  Here is a link to the product description.

http://www.emergenc.com/index.php/products/specialty/electro-mix