From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 20:18:55 -0700
At 09:29 PM 3/23/01 -0500, Stacie Tolen wrote:
<snip>

>I worked for several years as a pharmacy technician, in two different
>states. I saw too many Rxs for Premarin ("standard" dose, 0.625) which 50
>year old women recieved practically as a birthday card from their GYNs. I
>would say that about 2% of these women were armed with the proper
>information and warnings regarding HRT...AND many of these women had NO
>menopause-related complaints prior to being prescribed Premarin anyway. My
<snip>

Just wanted to say I tend to agree with Stacie.  My mother's doctor
*really* pushed that stuff... she's gonna die of a heart attack, develop
breast cancer, break all her bones, yada, yada.  Her only complaint ever
was menses irregularity early on in the process...  When she stopped it,
the guilt trip was horrendous.

Personally, I think it's not too far removed from the old "vapors" bit wrt
to treating women!

Pass the laudinum,
Dianne :)