From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:25:23 -0700
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:44:09 -0700, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> As I mentioned some time back, I started experimenting with a high-fat
> "Optimal Diet" approach back in August. I readily lost 35 lbs., but need
> to lose 20 or so more. My weight loss came to a screeching halt around
> the end of November. Since then, I've been able to drop a few pounds,
> but they come back, so I've made no real headway.
Not to say that you're wrong about the calorie counting.  But if you live
in a place with winter and short days, it's VERY hard to keep losing when
the days are short and it's cold and dark most of the time.  You might
find out that without changing the plan that you were on before, you can
start to lose again as we get into February.

This happened with me last year.  I lost 45 pounds between the end of
Jan 2010 and mid-November.  Then I was on a plateau that I stayed on
until just about now.  It didn't matter how much I ate or didn't eat, or
what, I got the same weight on the scales every day for months.  That's
strange, I know.  In fact I'd say it was impossible, but it happened.

On the other hand, losing 45 pounds was tremendous.  I'm back to merely
overweight from obese, and I can walk with little or no pain which
hasn't been true for 10 years.  I've decided that if I have to stay on
my eating plan to maintain this weight, it's OK.  I'd like to get that
last 25 lbs off, but if I get in a hurry, I'll be sorry (loads of
experience on that front).

	Lynnet