From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:35:07 -0500
On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:38:52 EST, David Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I wonder if the high levels of vegetarianism (lots of soy eating) has
>anything to do with it?

I'm sure there is one main culprit that affects the health food movement
severely: vegetable oils.
They were highly praised for decades now because of the "very important"
linolic acid. In health food cicles very much "very good" oil is used.
Many "sympatisants" still like the tasteless type oil.
All omega-6 and bad prostaglandin boosters.
That makes cancer and CHD.
Didn't I read particularly about a breast cancer and omega-6 connection?

The former generation forgot the importance of omega-3 and a well-balanced
ratio of these. And additional vitamin E.
Except some outsiders, who knew, and those who concentrate on olive oil.

I think this factor will dominate any other, except maybe diabetes.

Cheers

Amadeus