From:
Eliot Martin Glick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:19:00 -0500
Friends,

I've just acquired a quantity of goose fat from pasture-raised geese!
I would love to hear from anyone with recipies that call for goose fat.
Here's mine:

I've been using it the same way I used to use beef fat: add it to the
lean ground for extra fat content. Cut off a frozen chunk and cut it
into small thumb-sized bits (5-6 bits), mix it in with 1 lb beef and one
big onion, diced.  Put it in the slow-cooker and place a quantity of
some of the following on top - so it doesn't get as cooked:  kale,
carrots, broccoli, blueberry, cranberry. Set at "high" and its ready in
about an hour.  Feeds 1 hungry human and 1 hungry dog (he's always
hungry;o)   Optional: add 3/4 cup of beef broth (a la Nourishing
Traditions). Mmmm!

~Eliot