From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 09:20:37 -0700
On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 09:21:57 -0500, Anthony <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]

No, the media is the greatest power in the world.   The media tells the consumer
what to think.  When you combine:

- The News "A new scientific study shows that just eating a healthy low-fat diet
is not enough, you need to get light exercise, and eat five portions of fruits
or vegetables a day."

- Sitcoms "You're getting married next month ??!!!  I can't even fit into any of
my good dresses!   I'll have to eat no fat at all for the next month to even
have a chance of getting into them!"

- Commercials " Combined with a program of exercise and a sensible low-fat diet,
Slimfast can help you lose weight."

- Movies " [looking at character's breakfast of eggs and steak] You still eat
that kind of breakfast?  That's a heart attack on a plate! "

After that kind of barrage day in and day out for twenty years, what chance is
there that Average Joe is going to listen to you, me or Ray?

Despite the fact that my wife and I have both shed all our extra poundage, feel
better, dropped many minor health problems, rarely get sick, etc. - not one of
our relatives will even try a low-carb diet for two weeks, let alone Paleo.

--
Cheers,

Ken