From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:12:56 -0500
On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 13:33:21 -0500, Ashley Moran
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm starting to take up weight training.  One book I read put my daily
> calorie needs at around 3000 for  muscle gain.  Based on the info onthe
> packets of the Tesco pork belly  I'm fond of, I'd need to eat wellover
> 2kg of meat *a day* to satisfy my appetite! That just doesn't seem
> right.

No, that doesn't seem right -- especially since 1kg of pork belly is about
5000 calories (raw ... I don't know what it is after cooking).

> Is it possible to put on significant muscle eating around 2000 Cal a
> day?

That depends on a lot of things, including what you deem significant, and
on how many calories you would normally need if you weren't weight
training.  Building muscle does require extra calories, but assuming
natural training, you can only gain muscle so fast -- loading up on extra
calories won't make you go any faster, it will just increase your fat
stores.  (Been there, done that.)

--
   Robert Kesterson