From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:28:09 -0700
On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:56:32 EDT, Kathy Schwinghammer
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>     When I used to eat grains or dairy products I'd get strong cravings for
>more of the same, so I'm very glad I quit those foods entirely (like
>NeanderThin recommends).  If I'd tried to just "cut back" on them, I don't
>think I'd feel as healthy as I do now, and what's more, I think it would have
>been doomed to failure from the start if I'd tried to merely "cut back" on
>dairy, grains, sugar, beans or potatoes.  So I'd hate to see anyone recommend
>a diet like that to anyone else.

The reality is that different people react differently to these things.

Far more people have had success with low-carb non-paleo diets than with
paleo diets (and not the least because of the simple fact that many more
people have heard of low-carb diets than paleo diets!).

Most people can simply not deal with "never eating another piece of
toast" to quote a good friend of mine.

Eating differently than everyone else can be socially and logistically
difficult, and usually only possible when the person is enthusiastic and
WILLFUL.

I agree with those who propose Schwarzbein, although as usual, I would
comment that the Zone diet is the only one that is clinically proven to
help diabetes.

I also agree with those who say the most likely outcome is that they
will do whatever their mainstream doctor says.

--
Cheers,

Ken