From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:20:48 -0400
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

> And the differences between cow's and human milk?
> Human milk has much less protein.
> What does that mean?

Cow's (or goat's, or whatever) milk and human milk should not be
viewed as competitors.  Human milk is a food for human infants.
Cheese, like other animal protein sources, is a food for humans
old enough to deal with them.  Also, I think it is a mistake to
generalize the argument from milk to cheese.  Rennet-fermented
cheese would have been available to paleolithic people to an
extent that simple whole milk would not have been.  For milk, I
think we really do have to wait for domestication of animals.

I think the case that cheese is paleo (soft curd cheese, at
least) is stronger than the case that milk is paleo.

Todd Moody