From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 20:23:47 -0500
If it's from a small health food store bakery then it may be okay, but in
commercial products it's possible that the components have been separated
and then recombined for the 100% whole wheat designation. I have not
actually found anything saying that it is against the law though. I recall
reading that online a few years back (the law sought to avoid rancification
of flour products) which prompted me to get my own grain mill.

I will try and find out more about this later.

Marilyn

http://www.jermarpress.com/preview.html

      What's wrong with commercial whole wheat?
            Few people realize that the "whole wheat" used in virtually all
commercially packaged products is processed exactly like white flour. The
bran, germ and endosperm are mechanically separated then recombined
according to a standard formula into "whole wheat."