From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:55:52 -0800
On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:44:07 +1100, "Balzer, Ben" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The email "Here you have, ;o)" was sent to half of my address book by a
>virus program on my computer, if you have received it, DELETE IT
>IMMEDIATELY- and then delete it from your deleted box. It contains a
>nuisance virus.  I'll be changing virus checkers over this. Here's what
>another virus checker has to say about it.
>[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask] This message has
>been sent as blind carbon copies.
>
>Humble apologies
>
>Ben Balzer [log in to unmask]

I don't have first hand experience with the sort of mail software involved, but
I'm pretty sure that there is a way to simply disable "macros" in your mail
software, and then this can't happen.

In fact, there is some pressure being put on Microsoft to disable that
capability altogether....

--
Cheers,

Ken