From:
Kelly Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:16:55 +1000
Hi,

I am new to the paleo way of living, however have already found that I am
less bloated, have less gastro issues and feel better. However I have a
number of questions. Firstly, I am attending aYoga retreat in a few weeks
and the menu is specifically 'vegan'... obviously this would pose a problem
for me. Has anyone got any ideas by means of gaining the protein I require
over the three days from nonanimal means that might be present in a vegan
diet. Secondly I am a runner and am concerned that my performance in
distance running will be affected by removing carbohydrates from my diet as
we are all told about 'carbo-loading' etc in the lead up to a race.
Thirdly, I am a little worried about putting on weight if I eat too many
nuts etc.  I am enjoying the deabtes on the list and the useful info..

regards

kelly

Associate Lecturer & Careers Liaison Officer
School of Marketing
University of New South Wales
Sydney 2052

Ph:    +612-9385-3315