From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 12:07:08 +1100
> I am focussing on getting more organ meats into my son (and myself). In
the
> morning I make Larry an omelet out of quail eggs, then at the last minute
> add some fresh raw pig heart chopped up. It gets a tiny bit warmed up so
it
> is not cold but it is not cooked, essentiallly still raw. He loves it. So
> was pretty happy about that.
>
> I also give him dried buffalo liver. Some cod liver oil as well.

The main organ meats to concentrate on are liver and kidney as they have
high levels of vitamin A iron etc.

Brain has lots of goodies but is 25% cholesterol so I have a problem
justifying that, plus the slimy texture is a turn off. Maybe Loren Cordain
has an opinion on brain. Hopefully that will be covered when his paper is
published soon.

May I ask why you give the buffalo liver dried when he pig heart is raw? One
is over cooked and the other not cooked.
I love a nice piece of fresh liver, cut in slices 1/2 inch /1centimetre and
cooked in a fry pan or barbecue. Yum. Can't you guys get fresh liver? In
Australia it's pasture fed. Grain fed liver might go off more quickly. Grain
fed cattle have to be given Vitamin E supplements to stop the beef going
rancid too quickly! Otherwise, grain fed beef is normally very low in
vitamin E- another good reason to ban it.