From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2012 18:47:14 -0800
Hi Wally,
I think I saw the same show. If it was the same one, it was written by Farley Mowat (the grandfather of two of my former students) and was about a scientist who was studying wolves. It was very entertaining and informative. The scientist marked out his territory by urinating at strategic points around his camp site.

But I think that the whole idea behind the healthful benefits of paleo foods is that if they were eaten long enough humans developed an adaptation to them.  Those who could not eat a given food that was extensively available and used were either trimmed from the gene pool or did not reproduce as prolifically as those who could eat the food. The adaptation continued from there. Thus, if foods were available as paleo foods for long periods, we could expect local humans to either adapt to them, eat something else, or die out trying to eat the new food. If nothing else was available, the options were pared down to two. Grains and dairy serve as excellent examples of this dynamic, except that reactions to grains have started to increase since the introduction of hybridized grains.

best wishes,
Ron