From:
Mary Craddock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:12:53 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/00 12:57:20 PM CST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Ok, every day, when taking a shower, at last i shower by body (arms+legs)
 with *real* cold water for about half a minute.
 It's not so easy to get really cold water, even in our more cooler
 area (bavaria).  I turn the shower to a full stream and wait a little
 for the water to cool really down (only very cold is comfortable).

Do you find that you are warmer all day by showering in cold water?
Do you think that this really increases your metabolism substantially?

Did you mean only very cold is "uncomfortable" as opposed to comfortable as
you wrote?
I have read that drinking cold water encourages the body to utilize more
energy(in warming the water in your stomach). I wonder if this is a
significant increase in metabolism?

mc in Texas :)