Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 22:13:22 -0500
Richard Geller wrote:
> I use butter (I think it is a good fat)
If you want to have butter fat and butter taste but be a bit closer to
paleo WOE you may try ghee. It's clarified butter (meaning almost all
protein is removed, leaving just the fat). Bread and Circus sells an
organic brand. As an added bonus it does not require refrigeration (at
least till it's opened). Actually, I assume it doesn't since it's not
refrigerated in the store.

> I gained about 3 pounds over this, probably water weight.
Almost certainly the case

> BTW, I am trying to eat mostly grass fed animals. Whole Foods has
> started carrying New Zealand beef, which I think is grass fed. I know
> that Argentine beef is grass fed, but Argentine looks a lot darker than
> the NZ. Anyone know for sure about NZ beef? It tastes gamier than grain
> fed, but not as gamey as Argentine. (Argentine is available here at a
> local premium market called Gelson's.)
It's possible that ALL beef there is grass fed. Bread and Circus only
carries grass fed beef, and they have been bought by Whole Foods a little
while back. Ask them in the meat department about this.

Ilya