Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 09:29:01 -0400
<<>I believe that obesity is a symptom that become a cause of bad health.
>Years ago my internist told me that of all of my problems ( thyroid
>cancer, another very rare form of cancer, high blood pressure,
>fibromyalgia, depression etc.), my obesity was the worst problem>>

As a holistic practitioner, I see obesity a little differently.  I don't see
it as a problem in and of itself, I see it as another symptom (like throid
cancer, fibromyalgia, etc.) of an underlying disorder.   I find the kind of
obesity that could be viewed as 'chronic', is actually a symptom of an
underlying autoimmune system disorder.

Siobhan