Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:38:48 -0600
I've also heard that "bread" was used interchangably at times with "meat" in the time of King James, a time at which the English language was nearing its peak.  But even in places in the Bible where bread is specifically intended, I never let it detract me from the message the text is attempting to convey.  Those who give up religious belief solely on the basis of peripheral, time-sensitive, non-germane local color never understood the message in the first place.

Beginning of day eight this morning.  Feeling absolutely fantastic.  No idea how much weight I may have lost -- and don't intend to weigh myself.   But I did figure a few things out.  Now that I've upped my sodium intake a bit, which helped enormously the first few days but now seems less a need, I have had only the slightest bit of the lightheadedness and weakness I've had the other times I've done a zero carb, limited protein regimen.  I did back off the exercise a bit, but went back this morning to a normal full intensity regimen.  Felt great.  But one big thing that came to me is that the difficulty in eating enough fat has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that my body knows it has enough fat in reserves and will burn a bit of it first, thank you very much.  So far this thing is really, really going well.

Finished Volek and Phinney.  I think it was Adrienne who objected to the dairy allowances in the book.  Agree.  Skip Chapter 17, the recipes section.  Not only do they have plenty of dairy but also recommend xylitol and Splenda.  Yuk and no thank you.  So that chapter and the random anti-religious rant are the only detractions I could find in the book.   The rest is pure, unadulterated gold.  A must for your library, particularly guys like Ron Hoggan and Todd Moody.

Jim