From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:19:51 -0700
> As usual, no history on it so I can only guess, but
> I think it became easier
> to open a package of ready-breaded meat and throw it
> in the skillet.  We
> became so fast food that it was second nature....

Funny, though, I can't think of any "fast food" that
is really faster than paleofood. I mean, how much time
does it take to sear (or not) a piece of meat and grab
a couple raw fruits/veggies? Imagine, if you will,
being able to order the "paleo plate" at your favorite
fast food joint. It would be wonderful (AND fast)!!

And while we are on the topic of "fast foods", I am
curious about something. In both Neanderthin and other
sources I have read that paleolithics enjoyed a HUGE
variety of foodstuffs. Much more than what we are
accustomed to today. So, doesn't that bode ill for
some of the diets mentioned on this list - Anchell,
the "all meat", possibly Phil Thrift's? Opinions?