From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 08:26:18 -0400
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Rob Street wrote:

> I use the calipers to determine body fat.  Actually, I have it tested at
> school.  They have real (expensive) calipers, not the free plastic ones that
> come in a Cybergenics kit.  I have always been told that hydrostatic is the
> best method, though...

I have heard that the Omron Body Logic body fat calculator -- and
electrical impedance device -- is pretty accurate.  This is a
hand-held device that takes 7 seconds to get a reading.  Here at
St. Joseph's U. (where I teach), the athletics coaches have used
immersion, but they say that they are impressed with the Omron
unit, which gives readings strongly correlated with the immersion
measurements.  I haven't tried it yet myself, but hope to do so
in the near future.

Todd Moody