From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:48:52 -0500
In my definition: http://paleodiet.com/definition.htm

I list roots/tubers as an "in" food (with the exception of potatoes)
and by not discussing this further I imply that a diet composed
almost entirely of them is paleo.

Besides potatoes, are there other ones to avoid? Many seem to be
inedible raw. If you accept Wrangham's hypothesis that humans became
tuber eaters when we moved from the rain forest to the savanna, then
they all are paleo.

Is there some general way of classifying into which are edible raw
and which aren't?

I suppose I could include a short paragraph on cooking. My only
mention now of the word cooking is in the NeanderThin entry. But the
data is so thin as to when.

Don.