From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:31:37 -0700
From: "L" <[log in to unmask]>

> My ancestry is Dutch and they are huge dairy consumers. I have no idea how
> far back their dairy consumption goes but I know that I fare well with it
> and so consume it in moderation mainly in the form of sheeps milk yoghurt
> and home made a2 milk yoghurt.

Leonie, my ancestry is Dutch also ( well, Frisian) and prior to my breast
cancer, cow milk/cheese/yogurt was a frequent part of my diet.  Sheep, mare,
camel and goat dairy are safer than cow but they all contain growth hormones
and are not paleo.

Holland has one of the highest incidences of breast cancer in the world, as
you may know.  I have had a difficult time giving up milk and cheese and can
empathize with your not choosing to give up dairy entirely.  Then again, I
thought I was doing great consuming dairy also and I had convinced myself
that because my family had eaten large amounts of dairy for so many
generations I must have adapted to it.  You may well be right, we may both
actually have adapted to dairy, but in my case it isn't worth taking any
chances.

Kath