From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2012 00:37:53 +0000
I was actually fully in agreement with the 1st paragraph you cited from wikipedia, so I'm not sure how that is supposed to counter my previous argument.

The 2nd link you gave which you stated I'd shown before, actually has no reference whatsoever to Neanderthals interbreeding with modern humans within Africa. Indeed, it merely contrasts the ease in which Neanderthal ancestry was discovered, due to colder climates being more beneficial as regards fossil preservation etc., and points out how difficult it is for check for DNA fragments of other archaic hominids in Africa by contrast. It merely referred to archaic hominids(not Neanderthals) interbreeding with sub-Saharan Africans. I should also point out that other links I provided claimed that all modern humans, EXCEPT for sub-Saharan Africans, had 1 to 4% of Neanderthal DNA within them. Plus, no physical evidence has ever been shown that Neanderthals ever lived in Africa, not surprising since they were so cold-adapted.

Until recently, one of the  Out of Africa theory's main tenets was that no interbreeding was ever possible  due to Neanderthals and humans supposedly being two entirely separate species or because, somehow, modern man  miraculously killed off all the Neanderthals due to possessing superior intelligence or advanced weapons without the usual interbreeding that occurs between conquerors and the conquered etc.. So, any interbreeding does suggest that the multiregional hypothesis is more likely to be correct.

Geoff